twolittlecherubs@virginmedia.com

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Feeling dreadful

I've been living in a sick house for about 6 weeks now, both the boys have been ill at some point or another and this week has been Mr L's turn.  He has been so poorly, bless him, with tonsillitis.  He's even been too ill to look for sympathy!  Then yesterday I had an aching head, then my back started to twinge.  By tea time I was sat on the sofa shivering and sweating all at the same time.  It's at times like these that I wish I could be selective about being a parent.  It would be rather nice now to not have to look after 2 small very energetic boys.  Life goes on though and parenting isn't selective so with a pounding head and an aching back and throat I continue to say; yes dear, those Thomas the Tank wellies do look lovely on your hands instead of your feet and i'm so happy that you're performing "River Dance" on my back, in said wellies, whilst I'm changing your brothers un-humanly pooey nappy!
Having said all this my eldest, who is 2 now, sat in bed with us this morning running through his repertoire of animal noises with the biggest smile on his face.  I defy anybody, no matter how ill, to not melt at this.  Now if I could just train him to safely walk downstairs, make the coffee and bring it to us in bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment